Faire Collection recently launched their new fall / winter '14
line, called Midnight Collection. It was inspired by the French Belle Epoque period, featuring handmade jewelry of beautiful rich tones and textures, and ornate detailing. It includes jewelry crafted from rainforest seeds, such as tagua and acai, and sustainably sourced, upcycled bullhorn. Faire Collection also sources seeds native to the Ecuadorian Amazon! Founder and CEO Amanda Judge even took a trip there herself. It's all made by a community of fair tradeartisan partners. Don't you just love those tassels too?
In honor of the new launch, I'm wearing one of their best-selling pieces, the Cha-Cha necklace. Fun name, and fun statement piece. I just love the colors - It's my way of keeping summer alive, before it's all over!
necklace - c/o Faire Collection | t-shirt - Ann Taylor | sunglasses - Prada |
jeans - Delia's | shoes - Express
I recently received this absolutely gorgeous ring from Ona Chan. She has been carving jewelry for 13 years and launched her collections in 2007 in NYC, but fully built her brand in Hong Kong the following year. She now has 8 stunning collections, and is the Contributing Lifestyle and Fashion Editor for Downtown Magazine.
This square cocktail ring is part of her Lattice Collection, which was inspired by an exhilarating hiking trip towards the Himalayas, along the Tea Horse Trail. She explored the magnificently preserved town of Lijiang, China - where they use lattice window treatments. She incorporated the idea of traditional geometric lines and translated them onto modern jewelry. I love the touch of sparkle - it's not too overpowering when worn and it remains chic and elegant. The lines are different on each side, so it's a nice pattern change to rotate on your finger. It's a chunky ring, so it's recommended to order one size larger than normal. With that said, it fits comfortably, without getting in way while working with your hands.
"Today, my growing jewelry collection is a reflection of my life and on-going evolution. My inspiration comes from my family and our travels. I love sourcing stones and working with craftspeople from around the world." - Ona Chan
Ona Chan will be having a trunkshow in NYC at Bloomingdale's (59th Street location) on September 10-13th, if you want to check out her beautiful pieces in person!
Ring has been gifted for review. Opinions stated are solely mine.
A couple of weeks ago, I attended the annual Accessories Council Top Picks, for bridal accessories, hosted by Karen Giberson. It was co-hosted by Trae Bodge, senior lifestyle editor for The Real Deal and RetailMeNot. Most of the accessories featured were absolutely perfect for the bride's day, and others are great for other occasions or all-year-round. Below is a round up of all items shared that night.
1. Skyn Iceland - Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels - $35 - available at skyniceland.com - These gels are a perfect refresher after traveling, after a stressful day, etc. to keep your skin aglow.
2. Swarovski - Mini Bella Earrings - $60 - available at swarovski.com
3. Lenox - Opal Innocence Silver 5x7 Frame - $108 - available at lenox.com
4. Deepa Gurnani - Pearl & Crystal Medallion Sash - $420 - available at deepagurnani.com - Beautiful accent to any wedding gown.
5. Straw Envy - $29.99-$49.99 - available at strawenvy.com - These blinged out straws help keep your lipstick in place, reduce teeth staining, and jazz up your drink!
6. Alexx Inc. - Finders Key Purse - $6.95 - available at isntthisclever.com - The charm hangs on the outside of the purse, attached to your keys safely inside, making it easy to always find your keys.
7. Jessica McClintock - Mesh Clutch with Bow - $55 - available at zappos.com or amazon.com
8. Auburn Jewelry - Custom Bridal Jewelry & Cufflinks - $45-115 - available at auburn-jewelry.com - Perfect for all occasions (I already have my own customized necklace, and another on its way!) It's the ideal size, and love the customization factor.
9. Colette Malouf - Mesh Midnight Lily Crown Headstrap - $298 - available at colettemalouf.com
10. Dr. Altchek - Preventive & Corrective Anti-Aging Skincare Eye Gel Pads & Night Treatment - $20 and $30 - available at ulta.com
11. Girly Go Garter - $55 - available at girlygogarter.com - It's ideal when you don't want to carry a purse, clutch, bag. It stays on firmly without slipping, and you can enjoy the night dancing without worrying about your personal items falling!
12. Roman Elegance - Antique Inspired Crystal Drop Earrings - $25 - available at romansunstone.com
By the way, if you're looking for more jewelry pieces and you're in NYC, Ona Chan is having a trunk show at Bloomingdales (59th Street location) on September 10-13!
Last week, I had brunch at Sanctuary T, an amazing eatery in SoHo. Pictured is their country breakfast, an omelette, and Spring Spritzers (green tea, lemonade, mint, and seltzer/club soda). Soo good! The service was extremely friendly and with large open windows in front, it gives a great view for people watching in the neighborhood.