Oscars Red Carpet 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

It seems like red, metallics, sequins, and feathers were the trends of the night. One of my favorites is definitely Hilary Swank in Gucci. Love the combination of sparkles and feathers, and the ombre effect was subtle but beautiful.

My other top favorites were Reese Witherspoon in Georgio Armani Prive (she looked like a glamorous Barbie doll - loved the high ponytail, she works it well on the red carpet) and Mandy Moore in Monique Lhuillier (at first I wasn't sure about it, but it grew on me and love the glitter illusion). I also thought the blue gown Mandy Moore wore while performing a song from Tangled was absolutely stunning.Others who I thought looked good: Mila Kunis in Elie Saab, Michelle Williams in Chanel, Natalie Portman in Rodarte, Halle Berry in Marchesa, and Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa.


Then there's the dress everyone's talking about - Cate Blanchett in Givenchy. Some call it hideous, others are calling it art. However, for me, it's neither. I'm not liking it yet I'm not hating it either. I like the beading and the colors are nice, but just that circle cutout in the front ruins it for me.I was disappointed with Anne Hathaway's red carpet look in Valentino. Being the host, I expected a "wow" kinda dress. It's nice, but I don't like the poof in the back. But I did like that white gown she walked in so much better when she & James Franco started the Oscars - the white dress makes one of my favorite dresses of the night. Her other outfit changes were better throughout the night too - I loved the Brian Atwood sparkly heels she wore with the Lanvin tux, the gold fringe dress, the blue off-the-shoulder gown, and the dark red strapless gown (which might just be my FAVORITE DRESS of the night).
Worst dressed picks: Nicole Kidman in Dior and Marisa Tomei in a 1950 couture Charles James dress from Lily et Cie.


Who were your best dressed & worst dressed picks?


On another note, what did you all think about the actual show? I was excited to see James Franco & Anne Hathaway host, but I admit I was a bit disappointed. The show started off a bit awkward, and it was alright from there. I felt like Anne basically took over and James was just.. there. What did you think about it?

Photos from: Yahoo and PopEater

Follow Audrey Allure.

36 comments :

  1. I adored Halle, Mila, and Natalie. I thought they were the top three. So gorgeous and glamorous. :) Of course, I adored all of Anne's outfits as well, especially that fabulous suit & sparkly pumps. Sigh. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are always so fast with these posts. I agree with you on most of this and there were many looks I liked- mila, Mandy, Reece, Halle, Natalie, hailee steinfeld. My absolute favourite was Anne Hathaway, love her in red. I didn't like Nicoles look either or cates because of the circle cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the first dress!!


    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that Mila Kunis and Reese Witherspoon looked stunning!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Hilary Swank's dress, gorgeous :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Swank blew me away... so classy and tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reese Witherspoon looked gorgeous, I agree...love her hair! Happy Monday darling!

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving Reese Witherspoon! She looks like one of those classic Barbie dolls!

    Also loving your playlist, as always :o)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reese's look was very pretty and a few others, but nothing struck out at me. Except for Anne Hathaway' sparkly lashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. haven't really had the time to see all the gowns yet. but out of these my favorite is cate..i like that dress actually
    hope you're enjoying your monday dear

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Reese Witherspoon's dress and Natalie Portman's Rodarte one was much more refined than I'd expected.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i thought mila kunis was THE BEST from the night ! lol


    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  13. i loved michelle williams and mila kunis. but i gotta say, i hated reese witherspoon's look. not good. at all. haha. scarlett also looked terrible.

    http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
    it's the freaking oscars...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved watching the ladies in their gowns last night! My fav: Michele Williams, Worst: Nicole Kidman

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree with most of your picks. Michelle Williams and Mila Kunis were my top picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah Cate's dress is absolutely beautiful but you're right, my eye goes straight to the circle and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not! Loved your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved a few of Anne Hathaway's gowns over the course of hte show & loved Mila Kunis's dress!! Natalie Portman looked beautiful!! I'm on the fence too about Cate's dress. I didn't hate but I didn't love it. =) Reese Witherspoon looked so pretty!!!

    Hey lady I'm running a Shabby Apple Dress giveaway today! If you get a chance be sure to enter!!

    Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is the first time I was able to see the photo of Mandy Moore and yes she is gorgeous in that dress...Mila Kunis of course my favorite...and I wasn't able to see a closer look of Reese but when I looked at her hair...aww just gorgeous...she reminds me always of being the best legally blonde in town...hahahaha!!!

    I also Jennifer Hudson...OMG!!! jaw dropping body and color...

    Kisses
    Sweet
    PensandLens
    @mistytewest

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cate Blanchett to die for!!! Love her in that Givenchy dress! So stunning. My other faves were Michelle Williams, Halle Berry, Mila Kunis, and Gwyneth Paltrow.

    Happy Monday.

    xoxo,
    melrod

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nicole and Marisa were definitely WORST! I loved Cate's dress, she can wear anything. As for the show, I'm pretty sure James Franco was high haha but was disappointed after their promos made them seem like a funny duo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cate was the best dressed in my opinion, and I love Mila too;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous red carpet selections!

    My favorite was Sandra Bullock :)

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think Hilary always looks stunning! One day in a dress like this...*dreaming*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Agreed. I loveddd the white dress Anne Hathaway wore while she was hosting! Her red carpet dress otherwise.. Eh. And I thought Hailee Steinfeild looked gorgeous in the Marchea. She wore it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also loved Hilary in Gucci, and was kind of torn about Cate Blanchett as well. Love your other picks! xoxo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  26. I lvoed Halle Berry and Mila Kunis last night! and Anne Hathaway, just not a big fan of her in general haha

    ReplyDelete
  27. mila, natalie, cate, reece were some of my faves. marisa tomei might have been the worst...


    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cate Blanchett & Mila Kunis= the major winners for me. They looked stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorites were Hilary Swank and Camila Alves! Such pretty dresses!


    Camila F.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love Mila Kunis's look! And Reese looks so cute; I'm so with you--she reminds me of "Silver Screen Barbie" or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Halle Berry, Anne H, and Mila Kunis has the best style. And the worst? Scarlett Johansson and Marisa Tomei.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mila looked beautiful on the red carpet. My favorite for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hilary Swank and Gucci were the perfect marriage
    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, so wonderful dresses, my favourite are last 2 clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. i really like that scrolling image thing Audrey! and james and anne were OK as hosts, but yeah, they could have been less awkward.

    loved hilary and cate!

    ReplyDelete