Tasty Thursdays: Monte Cristo Sandwich

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I think this would be perfect & so easy to make for lunch (or even breakfast)! This recipe comes from Real Simple, and it looks so mouthwatering good!

Ingredients: (recipe serves 4)
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 6-count boxes frozen French toast
  • 1 9-ounce package thinly sliced ham
  • 1 9-ounce package thinly sliced turkey
  • 12 slices Swiss cheese
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
  • 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Spread the mustard on 6 pieces of the French toast. Divide the ham and turkey evenly among them and top each with 2 slices of the cheese.
3. Spread the remaining 6 pieces of French toast with the mayonnaise (if desired) and sandwich together.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread ½ tablespoon of the butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich.
5. Cook 3 sandwiches in the skillet until brown, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
6. Transfer to oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the toast is heated through, about 4 minutes.

- Image from Real Simple

I'm pretty sure it'll taste as great if you just toast the bread & add the ingredients (for the people who prefer to do it even quicker, like me)!

Follow Audrey Allure.

20 comments :

  1. This looks delicious! And love the background song

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, I'm so hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at work, I'm hungry and this sandwich looks so yummy...

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm looks soo good, who doesn't love melted Cheese ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy, and I think just toasting the bread is also a good way to cut a few calories. Monte Cristos are usually pretty unhealthy, but this looks like a healthier recipe than many I've seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sooo yummy! Happy Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMM! i love it :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have no idea how hungry i am when I looked at thiss !!
    gahhhh LOOKS SOOOO DELICIOUUUSS !


    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum! This would cure any bad day for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is one of my faves, i love those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. French toast sandwich? BRILLIANT.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM! I might try to make this later.


    Camila F.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these look amazing!

    http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is definitely one of my very favorite sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, my boyfriend makes me these sometimes and they are really good. but that one looks really REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. craving a lot right now...because of my period...looks so good and sumptuous Audrey...your tasty thursday is really a great deal....

    kisses
    Sweet
    PensandLens
    @mistytewest

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks absolutely scrumptious - my tummy is rumbling!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks sooo good, I have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That melty cheese looks sooo good!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete