Ingredients: (recipe serves 4)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 6-count boxes frozen French toast
- 1 9-ounce package thinly sliced ham
- 1 9-ounce package thinly sliced turkey
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. Spread the mustard on 6 pieces of the French toast. Divide the ham and turkey evenly among them and top each with 2 slices of the cheese.
3. Spread the remaining 6 pieces of French toast with the mayonnaise (if desired) and sandwich together.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread ½ tablespoon of the butter on the top and bottom of each sandwich.
5. Cook 3 sandwiches in the skillet until brown, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
6. Transfer to oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the toast is heated through, about 4 minutes.
- Image from Real Simple
I'm pretty sure it'll taste as great if you just toast the bread & add the ingredients (for the people who prefer to do it even quicker, like me)!