Hurricane Irene

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Well, I'm glad to say that I survived Hurricane Irene. It seemed as though it didn't hit a few places as bad as they predicted - although other places were hit pretty harsh. The most damage I encountered was just some flooding in my basement, but no power outages or any damage caused by trees or debris. I do know a few people who have lost their power though, some in nearby neighborhoods.

[img source]

It was the first time New York City shut down for a storm; public transportation stopped running at a certain time, some streets were closed, and I believe a few bridges were also closed after a certain point.
an empty Grand Central Terminal [img source]

Luckily a lot of us prepared ahead of time. Essentials like flashlights, batteries, food, munchies, water, gas etc. were bought. Some boarded or taped windows.

So, how did everyone do during Hurricane Irene?
I hope you all are safe & sound!

Follow Audrey Allure.

20 comments :

  1. Im glad to hear you are safe!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it wasn't as bad as predicted. I feel bad that you have flooding. Even though it's minor I know how horrible that can be.

    Everything's fine here. I'm just hoping my beach house is ok but I'm not very hopeful it is. Going to try to venture out there tomorrow for my summer vacay. We'll see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you made it out just fine. it's so weird to think that nyc actually closed down. but i heard that manhattan is deeper into the ocean than south florida, which is crazy.

    going to visit florida and new york this week and next so i hope everything is back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are okay. I hope everyone else recovers soon.
    Good luck with your last year in college, dear. I'm sure, we'll be fine! :)


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are alright!! I saw some photos from NYC and it was so eerie to see the streets so empty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's terrible!!
    Thanks God you are okay!



    xoxo
    Antonia

    FASHION IMPERATIVE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stuck midland, so I never have to worry about hurricanes -- I'm glad you're okay, doll!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're ok! That sounded scary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good to know that you guys are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. a whole lot of news drama for some rain. but im glad we're safe
    xo
    MosaMuse

    MosaMuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO glad you are ok!!! I was watching the news over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad that you survived!! I have been keeping tabs on her from the Midwest. At least she wasn't as bad as predicted. That's good! :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. We were lucky that our power didn't go out. But I think I must gained 10bs stress eating as I was watching the coverage on TV :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was supposed to hit us but it barely did anything. Just a lot of wind. and no school :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear you're okay! So crazy about them shutting down NYC's public transportation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. is good to know you are ok!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear that Audrey.

    The Mrs.' grandfather is in Long Island and said he was doing fine and was happy that he was one of the few who had power on his block.

    ReplyDelete