NYFW: Custo Barcelona & Rolando Santana F/W 2013

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Custo Barcelona show was a play on the "The Beauty and The Beast". The beauty side of the collection showed off fitted volumes, pronounced shoulders and ergonomic cuts using an ethic, ornamental aesthetic. It featured a selection of short dresses, mini and maxi sweaters, and form-fitting overalls. There were also many large openings to show off the back. The beast side of the collection featured looks to protect and cover from the harsh Nordic winters. There was emphasis on sleeves and spherical forms.
 
 
 
You can view more images on my Facebook page. Below is also the finale walk clip I shot.
The Rolando Santana show was incredibly beautiful and always one of my  favorites during Fashion Week. He makes his pieces versatile enough to take a woman from home to vacation or to a special event with ease. While heavily focused on dresses, he also honored his mother by using chintzed lace the focus of his latest collection. Unfortunately, I was unable to get photos of my own from the show due to some annoying guests who stood up even though we were in second row - don't you guys hate that? (but you can still view the collection here). I did manage to get a video clip of the finale walk below :)

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram: audreyallure

12 comments :

  1. Beautiful! I love the rich wild colors and fun pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey,

    You must be enjoying Fashion week and I loved seeing this fabulous collection.
    Thanks for sharing.

    happy weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am loving the fur designs!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pancho in the first photo made my jaw drop. The colors are GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great collection. I love this!!!
    Best Regards
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dear :) .
    Great blog. Interesting post.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Welcome to my blog.
    http://photographyismyexistence.blogspot.com/

    Like me on Facebook. I will be extremely grateful.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-another-light/413836138693856

    ReplyDelete
  7. There look like there are some cool pieces in both collections.
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some hot looks. I think i really like the first two looks.

    Btw, i'm running a contest right now for fashion show tickets. If you live in ny/nj, feel free to enter

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Check out my eyewear line Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete