Tasty Thursdays: Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Thursday, March 07, 2013

The other day, I went to an event where they served chicken salad sandwiches. My favorite part of it? The surprise of grapes - which gave it a sweet taste to it and it was absolutely delicious. I found a similar recipe on Yummly, and serves 1.

Ingredients:
  • cup light mayonnaise
  • cup plain low-fat yogurt
  • 18 tsp curry powder
  • 18 tsp lemon juice
  • tsp salt
  • 12 cup chicken breast (shredded cooked)
  • cup grapes (seedless red, halved)
  • cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
  • 1 oz pineapple (tidbits in juice drained)
  • cup red onion (diced)
  • 2 slices wheat (bread such as nature)
  • 1 lettuce leaves

Have you tried adding fruit to sandwiches before? What do you think?

Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram: audreyallure

17 comments :

  1. mmmm! I love sandwiches that contain some fruit but normally I let other people make these complicated sandwitches ;)

    *MlleWanderlust *

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good sandwich, this look pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing my dear :)

    Take care,
    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels weird putting fruits in your sandwiches but I tried putting bananas with chocolate hahahaha...

    that sounds like a great recipe darling...

    Kisses
    Sweet
    PensandLens
    @mistytewest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummie! I will try this!

    X Laura

    http://bagsandsushi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so delicious! Yummy:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, super yum! The grapes sound perfect here. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! I am a huge chicken salad sandwiches! I have never tried a curried one though! I must make this for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy and healthy too. A must try.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will literally eat anything on a sandwich -- put it on good bread, and I'm down. This sounds delicious!
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you added pineapple. Such a sweet twist to chicken salad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow sounds so good and refreshing, especially for sickly hot summer days!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh i love a good creamy chicken curry sandwich! will have to try this recipe :)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems so delicious !


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmh these look so yummy! Curry and chicken is always a good idea ;)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete